Durham Women FC are seeking a Pathway Technical Director to join their team for the 2022/23 season.
The club have been invited to join the Barclays FA WSL Academy League for the upcoming campaign, which will give talented young players the chance to embark on a dual-career pathway – combining their education with a full-time football programme.
The Pathway Technical Director will lead and inspire the systemic development of the young female footballers who are part of our academy and Regional Talent Club programme, to help them reach the highest levels of attainment possible in a safe and supportive dual career setting.
The ideal candidate will be innovative and open-minded with experience of strategic leadership and building positive relationships.
This role will give them the chance to join Durham Women at an exciting time for the club and the wider female game, and to play a key role in growing the club’s pathway.
This will be a full-time role on a 12-month fixed-term contract, based at the club’s training base at Maiden Castle in the heart of Durham.
A full description of the role and details of how to apply are below:
- To lead and inspire the positive culture of the system
- Provide clear strategic direction to player development across the pathway
- Deep and thorough understanding of duty of care and safeguarding
- To drive a dual career philosophy
- Develop an identity to which pathway players can connect
- Support and advise the club board
- Connect the system so it integrates with the local community practitioner
- Monitoring and evaluation
- To deploy research and insight in decision making
- Understanding of curriculum design to support player development
- To lead the development of the clubs player development blueprint
- To develop an analytical knowledge of the rules and regulations to ensure they are used to support players
Essential Qualifications Required
- Level 3 (UEFA B) coaching qualification or above
- FA DBS
- FA Safeguarding Children Certificate
- FA Emergency First Aid
Essential Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of a people first philosophy
- Talent Development background.
- People development background
- A deep and thorough understanding of child development
- Understanding of the balance of club and country requirements
- To be an advocate and guardian of the women’s game
Negotiable, dependent on experience.
How To Apply
To apply for the role, please send a CV and brief covering letter – explaining your suitability for the role – to email@example.com.
Please use the subject line ‘Job Application – Pathway Technical Director’.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Thursday 28th April.