Throughout the season. we’ll be asking our players to offer their top tips for aspiring young players!
They’re a must-read for any player looking to make a career in the game…
Liz Ejupi’s Top Tips
- Get touches on the ball as much as you can. Find walls to play two touch with; something that bounces back to work on your first touch. Pick out a tree and say tour going to hit the tree. Keep repeating. Sleep with your football.
- Do kick-ups wherever you go. In your room, garden, up and down stairs. Work on that head-feet co-ordination early.
- Watch football. Watch your favourite players play. Watch YouTube videos of their highlights. Study them. Start to visualise yourself on the pitch!
Becky Salicki’s Top Tips
- Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard!
- Work on your fundamentals – both feet, communication, leadership.
- Never give up! If you fall down 6 times get back up 7!
Beth Hepple’s Top Tips
- Make sure you enjoy it!
- Believe in yourself!
- Do more than the person next to you!
Ellie Christon’s Top Tips
- Be willing to do more than what is asked or expected of you. Work hard for your teammates!
- Work on your mindset just as much as your technical, tactical and physical ability. Being mentally resilient will make a huge difference to your game and career longevity.
- Always have fun and attack training games with a positive attitude. When things get tough, remember why you started!