Durham Women are looking for ‘virtual’ Match Day Mascots – and we want YOU to apply!
Current regulations mean it is unlikely we will be able to welcome supporters into our fixtures until a later point in the 2020/21 season, and with protocols in place, our always-popular mascot packages may not be possible this season.
But we don’t want local junior clubs to miss out – so we’ve launched our brand new Virtual Match Day Mascot programme!
So what is it?
We’re looking for grassroots teams to become our ‘virtual’ mascots for home fixtures in the 2020/21 season.
Each game will see one team appointed as our mascots, and they will receive the following benefits:
- An exclusive and personalised video message from a first-team player of your choosing
- An invitation to a virtual Q&A with a first-team player, along with other virtual mascots
- A page promoting your club in our match day programme, read by hundreds of supporters
- Promotion on our social media, seen by thousands of users each week
- An invitation to our first home fixture back in front of a full capacity crowd, as guests of the club
So while you may not be able to walk out hand-in-hand with our players, you’ll receive a whole host of exclusive, memorable experiences – which are sure to inspire and motivate your players!
We’re asking teams to apply for one of our spaces, with a panel of our staff and players then deciding the lucky teams.
We’re looking to find out what is special about your team – have they done anything unique during lockdown?
Have they helped raise money for charity? Or have they had a record-breaking season? We want to know!
How do I apply and how much does it cost?
There is no cost at all to any junior club – we’re offering this programme completely FREE OF CHARGE!
To apply, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org who can provide you with an application form.
Alternatively, click below to download an application form: